What is Lactic-a?
In order to have intimate balance you need to have the correct pH as well as the correct microbiome balance.
If any of these are out of sync, it will impact your intimate health. Normal alkaline soaps can break intimate health balance by increasing the pH. It is therefore important to use the correct intimate health products like Fermagene® pH for the vulvovaginal area (+/- pH 4.5) for the following reasons:
- Vulvovaginal health, pH and the microbiome are linked and are reliant on each other for intimate health balance.
- Low pH and lactic acid are synonymous in this intimate health balance.
- Low pH (+/- pH 4.5) personal care products are designed to work in harmony with this intimate health balance.
- Lactic-a in Fermagene® is lactic acid with pH 4.5 by design.
- Chen, Y., Bruning, E., Rubino, J. and Eder, S.E., 2017. Role of female intimate hygiene in vulvovaginal health: Global hygiene practices and product usage. Women’s Health, 13(3), pp.58-67
- Ali, S.M. and Yosipovitch, G., 2013. Skin pH: from basic science to basic skin care. Acta dermato-venereologica, 93(30,pp.261-269